Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Warmaster Vampire Counts army in 30 days - can it be done? Let's find out!


Crisis mode! One month to Adepticon and I need to try to get an entire Warmaster army painted and based in that time. I'm usually behind the curve on getting things ready for Adepticon, but this year's been especially bad, what with getting a new puppy who has not allowed me get any hobby time this year.

For those that are unfamiliar, Warmaster is Games Workshop's now-defunct 10mm fantasy wargame. It's a really good system, but unfortunately, it never really caught on.

Regarding the quantity of models I have to work on, each unit is represented by three stands, each containing two strips of models. Heroes are represented by one stand.

For example, here is a unit of Ogres from my Chaos army:


And here is the entire Chaos army:


Time is still not on my side - I still have a job, a commute, and a two young dogs all vying for my attention. Let's see if I can get this project done!

Skeletons - 8 units
Zombies - 6 units
Ghouls - 4 units
Ethereal Host - 2 units
Black Knights - 4 units
Dire Wolves - 6 units
Vampire Lord - 1 stand
Vampire - 2 stands
Necromancer - 2 stands

Day one (last night): I based and primed the entire army. I also laid a basecoat down on everything except for the heroes. Dire Wolves received a Nuln Oil wash.

Today, during lunch at work, I hope to be able to put down some base colors on the Skeleton units - spears hafts and shields, then metallics on weapon tips. I might have enough time to paint the tombstones on the units as well.

No comments :

Post a Comment