Friday, September 2, 2011

Strippin' - Taking it all off!

In addition to redoing my Guard troops, I'm also redoing the majority of my vehicles. In this case, I did like the paint scheme I was using, but I didn't prime anything, so now paint is coming off of the metal models in the army. I know what you're saying - "Why didn't you prime your stuff, idiot!?" The answer is that I thought I might obscure detail if I used a spray primer. In addition, a sizable chunk of my force is from Forge World (they were a whole lot cheaper than GW Epic) and the detail on the FW models isn't as prominent as the GW metals.

Since that time though, I've made some trades and some purchases, and now have enough metals to fill out my Chimeras and Leman Russ companies, so I decided to strip everything down and start over. And, yes, I am going to prime this time around. Fool me once...

So I dropped a bunch of models into a jar filled with Purple Power and waited a few days. Well, weeks, really. After those couple of weeks, I unscrewed the jar lid and promptly dropped the jar into the sink, spilling out much of the sludgy Purple Power. When I recovered the jar and dumped them out into the strainer, I found this:

Uh-oh. Not only did the Purple Power eat all the paint off, it destroyed the superglue holding the models together. Nuts. Looks like a puzzle, and I only vaguely know what the final product is supposed to look like. I think they're mostly Leman Russ tanks, but there are a few Demolishers, Hellhounds, and I don't know what else. I hope I didn't lose any parts in the process...

No comments :

Post a Comment