Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Based, primed, and magnetized


My Guard is mounted on GW bases, with Litko magnetic strips. In addition, there is a steel sheet in the bottom of the foam tray, which does a pretty good job of holding the bases securely - I can actually turn the tray upside-down and the bases stay in place. The downside is that removing all of the interior foam from the tray results in a try that doesn't offer much support - at least the infantry isn't too heavy. This exercise probably wouldn't work too well using a Leman Russ company - some sort of support structure would have to be in place.

I also used a fine sand for the basing material, and I like it much more than the coarser stuff I used on my older Guard. A light coat of white spraypaint as a primer, and we're all set.

Now all I have to do is paint them...

No comments :

Post a Comment