Monday, November 3, 2014

The Rime of the Ancient Mariner!


Best 13 minute 40 second song ever?
Well, due to various issues, it's been a while since my last post. I decided to get back into the swing of things by working on my Man O' War Bretonnians. I primed them, basecoated the yellow, did a Reikland Flesh wash and added the blue. Next up will be the cannon and minor details - I'm not sure if I'm going to paint the trim, though. I think the models look pretty good as they are, and I'm afraid that if I try to paint the fine lines, I'll wind up screwing up the yellow (and we all know how much of a pain yellow is...)
"Yellow, yellow, everywhere, and all my washes stink..."

I've also go the masts and sails to do - the masts should be easy to knock out. In the old days, I printed black and white sails and hand painted them - this time I may just print some high resolution sails out and save myself some time. I've got a little work to do on the bases (mostly ship placement,) but everything is coming along nicely. I think the yellow will look pretty spiffy facing off against Dave's Empire fleet.
There is currently a small craft advisory in the Sea of Claws
I'm hoping to have the fleet completed by the 15th, as we're planning on another gaming day. One of the things I need to do is head over to Headless Hollow/The Esoteric Order of Gamers and print out some ship cards. I'm thinking about redoing all of the magic and Man O' War cards and having them printed on playing cards, being as I sold my sets years ago. Maybe I'll add some new art?
Proposed box art for the Man O' War 2015 Limited Edition re-release

No comments :

Post a Comment